Home inspections can help you buy or sell your home with confidence. As trained professionals and engineers, we have has seen it all and we’ll provide invaluable help in turning you into a knowledgeable consumer. Home owners can identify problems in the making and take preventive measures to avoid costly repairs. Sellers can understand conditions the buyer’s inspector may point out and put the property in better selling condition by making repairs. Here is a brief summary of the types of home inspections we provide:
In both new and older homes, the best way to ensure that you are well informed about the strengths and weaknesses of a property is to have us give you a professional home inspection. We are trained to identify problem areas both small and large that may have been overlooked by the previous owners and to identify which require immediate attention.
Whether you are selling your home on your own or using a realtor, it’s always a prudent idea to have a professional home inspection. Knowledge is power. All homes have strengths and weaknesses: we help you answer how serious the problems are and which must be immediately addressed and which can wait. The more you know about your home, the more prepared you will be for negotiation.
In a new home, the quality of construction is often not what it used to be some years ago, therefore many buyers have independent reviews of their properties during various stages of the construction process, including slab, frame, and final inspection. This relatively inexpensive inspection protects your purchase, prevents unpleasant surprises, and ensures the quality home that you’ve dreamed about.
Most builders provide a one-year warranty for new construction. Generally during this period of time the buyer develops a “punch list” of corrections for the contractor to repair under the warranty coverage. Some defects will not be obvious to the untrained eye. It is prudent to obtain our home inspectors list of items that will most likely be repaired by your builder at no cost to you. You will be reassured knowing that potential problems were addressed before they grew into something that could cost you a great deal down the road.
Our job as your professional home inspector is to alert you, to the extent possible, to unknown problems and potential environmental hazards in your current or potential house. Ours is a non-invasive visual inspection of your property which can alert you to possible problems.
In addition to our standard NJ Home Inspections, Arch Inspections LLC also provides:
- Pre-purchase home inspections
- Radon testing (currently performed by sub-contractor); analysis performed by Radiation Data based in New Jersey
- Through sub-contractors, we can arrange wood-destroying insect and termite inspections, lead-based paint testing, asbestos-testing, well-water testing and septic-system testing
- Trouble-shooting of structural, plumbing and heating systems
- Dispute Resolution. Arch Inspections LLC. can provide expert witness reports, etc., in dispute resolution matters, with respect to building components, such as in tenant/landlord, builder/client, insurance company disputes and safety issues
- Code consulting
- Commercial and industrial building inspections
- Construction dispute resolution
- Design services for structural, plumbing and mechanical systems
- Forensic engineering services in the area of building construction
- Pre-purchase building inspection, covering the major structural, plumbing, heating and electrical systems
- Training for you and your staff in a variety of areas including structural, plumbing and mechanical building components
- Not listed here? Give us a call to see how we can help you!